Thursday, October 24, 2013

Just because we don't talk much doesn't mean we are less of friends.

Image source
Those really are the greatest friends, aren't they?  The ones that you might not even talk to all that often, but it doesn't make you any less of friends.  They are those friends that you pick right back up with even though you haven't spoken to them for months, years even.

I remember in high school when girls would get mad at each other because all of the sudden they had a boyfriend and they didn't hang out as much any more.  I never understood that, because isn't that how life goes?  The girl who was mad that their friend for ditching them for a boy might be the same girl who got married and fell off the face of the earth because she was trying to figure out what to do with her new baby.

The key is, that just because we are all busy, it doesn't stop me from loving you as a friend, missing you as a partner in crime, or respecting you as a person.  I have such an appreciation for my friends that don't dock me friendship points due to the fact that I am bad at keeping in touch, live in a different city, or worked strange hours.  You are still in my head and my heart.  I think of one friend in particular who I know that we never lose ground as friends, even if it has been six month since we have contacted each other.  I have so much thanks to give for that. (Thanks, Lindsey, you warm my heart.)

To keep with the spirit of friendship, I encourage you to reach out to two old friends that you haven't contacted for far too long.  Facebook and social media makes this easy, so no excuses.  I am sure you will enjoy it, and it will be a pleasant surprise to the recipient.  Thanks for understanding that I am a rotten pen pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment