Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Finding your spot.

Image source
I have never been to Portland, Oregon, but I am certain I love it there.  I imagine that I love the trees, the strange people, and the Pacific Northwest.  I also am quite sure that Zooey Deschanel and I would be friends if we knew each other.  Maybe in a previous life, Zooey and I grew up down the street from each other in a funky Portland neighborhood.

To test my theory on how well I know myself, the hubs and I took the quiz on findyourspot.com.  It is a fun quiz that asks questions about what you like in a city (e.g., size, weather, transportation) and gives you a list of places that match your living style.  Here is a partial list of our cities:
  • New Haven, CT
  • Baltimore, MD
  • Portland, OR
  • Hartford, CT
  • Frederick, MD
  • Salem, OR
  • Milwaukee, WI (Holla!)
  • Charleston, WV
  • Santa Fe, NM
How exciting!  Many of these are cities I have felt, without ever visiting, that they would be great.  This list told me a few different things.  First, I know that I know myself well.  My hunch on cities turned out to be true when proven by another source.  Second, I have some traveling to do to see the cities I am sure to love that I haven't met yet.  And third, I love where I live.  Milwaukee is a great city (totally underrated) and I am happy to be right where I am.  I have found my spot...for now.

And I am still going to pretend that Zooey and I are besties, and that the flat mates on New Girl are my friends too.

Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment