Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Choose action over inaction.

Image Source
I find it fascinating when I see things that we complain about or are worried about that are well within our control.  Of course, this is easy to see when we are new to looking at it.  Since I recently started a new job, it is a great opportunity for me to see what can be impacted by just being part of the solution.  I spend each day hoping that I don't lose the vision to see how I can make an impact.  If I lose that, I will no longer be able to push for change.

The key here is to put ourselves in situations that allow us to feel fresh, and like we have a fresh perspective to see the change that needs to be made, and then do it.  And then, do it.

If you feel like you are getting too used to the scenery, get a fresh perspective.  Find a new way to look at things.  Here is an interesting thing to consider; look at the definition of the word attitude:

at·ti·tude (noun)
  1. a settled way of thinking or feeling about someone or something, typically one that is reflected in a person's behavior
 

A "settled way"... I am going to do my very best to fight the urge to be "settled" in a way of thinking or feeling, because that is the only way that I can continue to look at things with a fresh set of eyes.  And this will help me get shit done.  Choose action over inaction.  Decide on passion over complacency.  Place importance on what you do, and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment