Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Twitter is gibberish. Except maybe for these feeds.

Via businessinsider.com
The thing about @ signs and # tags is that when you put them in the middle of sentences, it creates an even more ridiculous language than the version we call English now.  I often hash tag out of humor at the end of something, but I refuse to do as the kids do these days in the middle of a sentence.  We all have to take a stand somewhere.  Here is mine.

As for twitter, I have decided to sift out some worthy feeds so that you don't get caught in the mumbo jumbo.

HuffPost Living (@HealthyLiving)
These are some great blog articles for personal health and well-being in every aspect.  The one downside?  They tweet... a lot.

Harvard Biz Review (@HarvardBiz)
Good for anyone looking for some good advice for the work place.

Travel Wisconsin (@TravelWI)
This is a great source for some fun WI activities and day trips, including festivals.  Fall is awesome for this, so they have the goods.

Earth Pics (@Earth_Pics)
This is my absolute favorite feed.  It is only photos, and they are of the most beautiful far off places and an occasional cute baby hippo.  I was about to cancel my Twitter account until I met Earth Pics.

Modern Seinfeld (@SeinfeldToday)
If you loved Seinfeld, you will love this.  Someone tweets short synopses of a would-be could-be episode of Seinfeld if it was on TV today.

Seth MacFarlane (@SethMacFarlane)
Not only does he say the funniest inappropriate things, he also retweets some of the funny things that he sees.  Literally, I don't need to see anyone else's funny tweets, because I know Seth MacFarlane will sniff them out for me.

God (@TheTweetofGod)
If God has a sense of humor, this would be his feed.  I am glad you have a sense of humor too.

Enjoy, and keep the mid-sentence #hashtags and to a minimum, or else you will sound like this:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment