I imagined my week immediately like the Summer of George. I excitedly thought, "I am going to read a book! From beginning to end, in that order! I'm going to learn to play frolf!" Let's get real, I am not going to frolf, but I do have some good plans:
- Spend time with friends and family: Since I have a last opportunity to spend time with some friends and family during the week, I am scooping it up, visiting friends on maternity leave, or taking the kiddos, my niece and nephew, to the State Fair. Perhaps even a Blue's Egg brunch?
- Read a book: I bought a few new ones that I started this week, I'll let you know how they go. I have a feeling Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg is going to be a worthy read.
- De-clutter: Throw shit out and make a giant trip to Goodwill. Simplify.
- Running: I have to burn off all the calories I am no doubt going to eat being at home. I already ate half a bag of sour patch kids, so I am off to a bad start.
- Bake: I am hell bent on baking something, either trying to perfect the art of macarons or a three layer cake.