Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cheer others to cheer yourself.

Image Source
I made a discovery today.  On the days that I don't happen to do anything meaningful to help someone else, I don't feel like I really accomplished anything.  On the days that I feel I have actually impacted someone's day to be more positive, I feel as if I spent my time well.

While I know that this doesn't work for everyone, I have found it is the most important part of my day.  I am still an introvert and prefer sometimes to be alone, but that makes it all the more important to have valuable one-on-one time to make an impact for others.  And part of this is simply selfish in that I can't handle being surrounded by crabby or negative people so I do my best to either improve their attitude, or not be near them.

So, if I want to say that I had a good day by the time night comes, I better seek out people to cheer up. That is how I cheer up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment