I love music. This must be what people feel about cigarettes when they smoke a pack a day.
I very much dislike getting in a music rut, so I am proactive to find new music all of the time to avoid this problem. Some of my favorite ways to find new music include the following:
- Switching to a new station on the radio, Sirius XM especially if you have it, because it is arranged by genre
- Music choice stations: Do you ever check out those cable TV stations? A few gems here and there.
- Pandora or Songza: Try different stations and let it ride.
- 88.9 RadioMilwaukee: New music Wednesdays in the evening are fun, and a good source for eclectic new tunes.
- iTunes research: Dig deep in the "other artists you may like information"
- If you like Bon Iver, try King and Cross, "Asgeir"
- If you like Jack Johnson, try Michael Franti, "Life is Better With You"
- If you like female singer/songwriter, try Sonsick, "San Fermin"
- If you like covers, try Jake Shimabukuro, "In My Life" or Nouvelle Vague, "Blue Monday"
- If you like Prince, try, well, Prince, "Breakfast Can Wait"