Sunday, September 15, 2013

Adventure Vacationing: Estes Park Flood Zone


We are trying this new thing today- adventure vacationing. Okay, so it isn't new, but I will say we didn't plan it this way. We are on our way to flood-ravaged Estes Park, Colorado for a wedding. From those who blazed the trail before us, we are told we need the following things:

1. An SUV. (Check)
2. Bottled water.
3. A really good story to convince the park rangers to let us through.

We are making a go of it early in the morning, as it is probably our only chance before the rain starts again. I am regretting the sparkly jacket wardrobe choice already. At least I will look good when FEMA air lifts me out and a clip of me airs in The Weather Channel.

On the positive side, the mountains are beautiful with impromptu waterfalls.

The hubs does not seem to be fully amused by my soundtracking of the trip so far. I have been singing, "I Can't Stand. The Rain" by Missy Elliott and "It's Raining Men" by The Weather Girls, and my own version of Gwen's song, "This trip is bananas, B-a-n-a-n-a-s."

At any rate, we hope this wedding goes off successfully, and we wish the best to our friends whose week didn't go quite as planned. We are also grateful to our friends Lindsey and Erika for putting us up an extra night! Here's to adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment