Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Downtown Running: "Did you tell the cows you'd write?"


Ahh, nothing like switching up your run like a little new scenery.  Don't tell the cows, I don't want them to feel like I am cheating on them with the Milwaukee lakefront.  Except that I totally am.

While it is a little awkward to haul my cookies around while I see people that vaguely recognize me from work, I suppose I just better plan good running outfits.  Anyways, the park and trail areas downtown are great venues for thinking and exercising.

 

There are of course pros and cons to every location.  Pros of downtown include:
 
1) Waterfront scenery
2) Lots of runners and bikers so you feel like you have to push to run faster to keep up
3) No bushes for creepy murderers to hide in or jump out of
 
Cons, on the other hand:
 
1) Wiiiiiindy
2) Lots of runners and bikers so you feel like you have to push to run faster to keep up
3) High probability of getting pooped on by the bird army
 
There are few things in life that freak me out more than the prospect of (A) getting attacked by a bird or (B) being pooped on by a bird.  I ended up running in a zig zag to not be underneath hovering seagulls.  I've seen the Alfred Hitchcock movie, and I am statistically due for being shit on, so it is only a matter of time.
 
I'll try out a few different areas and report back.  I think I saw a trail that looked less windy, relatively bird-free, and still urban chic.  Except still no cows, I will have to bring my own. B.Y.O.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment