Friday, November 1, 2013

Don't you "Bah Humbug" me, not at Christmas.

Image Source

Ohhhh, it's here. Yes, I already checked to see if the XM radio station changed from "Love" to "Holly" playing holiday tunes.  And the red cups are out at Starbucks, so I know I am not the only one who feels this way.

I have been conditioned by working in retail to understand that the Christmas season begins on November 1st.  I do in fact celebrate five seasons throughout the year and the fifth one is me considering Christmas a season, not a holiday.  Hopefully this year I can make it past December 15th before I am sick of it, and I have a sporting chance at this seeing as I won't be getting attacked over iPads this year.

This is not a new phenomenon for me.  For a while as a child, I claimed my future career path would be in "Christmas interior design," or simply put, getting paid to decorate for Christmas.  I learned life skills from my dad (a civil engineer and dare I say, meticulous) about how to properly string lights on a Christmas tree.  I don't know if we ever had a tree that managed to have less than 1,000 lights on it.

The hubs and I have to compromise early on to decide a date that I can start decorating.  He doesn't usually agree to November 1st, and am quite certain that Thanksgiving is too late.  I have already dusted off some indie-rock holiday tunes and the likes of the Rat Pack.

Let the package deliveries BEGIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment